About the company
About the company
Who are we?
- We are a Czech joint-stock company which is one hundred percent owned by the Statutory City of Brno. We are one of the most stable utilities in the South Moravian region.We are a company that provides comprehensive services in the field of waste management for towns, municipalities, business corporations, sole traders as well as citizens.
- We are patriots and feel to be a part of Brno. Our main mission is a clean city. Clean city and energy for Brno is the responsibly of a total of 380 employees. The company is equipped with a state-of-the-art vehicle fleet, sorting line and edge-cutting waste-to-energy technological equipment.
- We are a responsible company. In 2002, we successfully implemented the quality management system according to the ISO 9001 standards. The system has been regularly recertified to meet the current standards. Major changes in the management system of the company were made in 2014, when we incorporated the requirements under ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. In 2015, we successfully went through a certification audit. The basic framework of the company‘s operations is defined by the corporate policy. We emphasise satisfaction of the public, our customers and improving business and environmental profile of the company including the working environment that is safe and healthy for our staff.
- We are a company with a tradition. This year, we will celebrate twenty years since the incorporation of the joint-stock company SAKO Brno. Our history dates back to 1905 when the first incineration plant in the former Austro-Hungarian Empire was built in Brno and already at that time it was designed to generate electricity.
- We are a company with a future. At the time of the impending energy crisis, sorted waste becomes more and more an important source of secondary raw materials and energy the production of which is environmentally-friendly.
What do we do?
- We provide all services related to the refuse collection and transport of municipal and separated waste in Brno. We operate an extensive network of waste collection centres including all related logistics.
- We process waste for its subsequent recovery. In one of the most modern incinerators in Europe we convert mixed municipal waste into heat and electricity for Brno. We operate modern sorting and post-processing equipment for separated waste.
- We can lease out large capacity dumpsters, collect large items and ensure ecological reclamation of illegal dumpsites in the city of Brno.
- We are committed to the region where we operate. We openly communicate with the public. We raise awareness of how to handle waste and how important it is to sort it. Through our Environmental Education Centre we disseminate environmental awareness in cooperation with schools, companies and non-commercial entities.
- We have taken care of cleanness and energy for you for over 20 years.